We want to provide our pet parents with a Portland vacation they’ll never forget, so we’ve gathered a few nearby places specially curated for you and your four-legged friends! Pomegranate Inn is located in a beautiful West End neighborhood where you can discover historic homes, dog-friendly restaurants, dog parks, and other activities your pup will love. The best part is that many of these amenities are conveniently located and less than five miles from Pomegranate Inn.
The list below was compiled with help from locals as an introduction to just a few of the dog-friendly locations available in Portland. We have included distances from the Inn so you can plan your getaway accordingly, but all of these locations are also within five miles so that you don’t have to go too far for some fun with your pet!
Best Dog Friendly Activities in the Portland, Maine
Take your pet on an adventure with some of the best recreational areas in Portland.
The West End
- Valley Street Dog Park: 162 Valley Street, 0.7 miles.
The Old Port
- Portland Discovery Land and Sea Tours: 170 Commercial Street, 1.3 Miles.
- Casco Bay Lines: 56 Commercial Street, 1.6 Miles.
- Narrow Gauge Railroad: 49 Thames St, 1.7 miles.
- Back Cove Trail: near Preble Street, 1.4 Miles.
- Eastern Promenade Trail w/Off Leash Area: East End Beach, 2.7 miles.
Bring your furry friend along for lunch or dinner at these dog friendly restaurants.
The West End
- Hot Suppa: 703 Congress St, 0.5 miles.
- The Independent Ice Co: 52 Wharf St, 1.2 Miles.
- Luke’s Lobster: 60 Portland Pier, 1.5 miles.
- BP’s Shuck Shack: Commercial St. and Pearl, 1.4 Miles.
- The Porthole Restaurant and Pub: 20 Custom House Wharf, 1.4 Miles.
- The Yard: 82 Hanover St, 1.1 Miles
Bark Friendly Breweries
Bring your dog along for a delicious brew at one of these pet friendly breweries.
- Banded Brewing Company: 82 Hanover St. Suite. 6, 1.1 Miles.
- Shipyard Brewing Company: 86 Newbury St, 1.6 Miles.
- Lone Pine Brewing Company: 219 Anderson St, 2.1 miles.
Places to Shop for Your Pal
Grab some gifts and treats for your best friend while you’re here!
- Uncommon Paws: 21 Exchange St, 1.4 miles, near Downtown. 1-888-549-7297
- Fish and Bone: 195 Commercial St, 1.3 miles, near Downtown. 207-773-5450
- PetCo: 220 Maine Mall Rd, 4.5 miles, near Hwy 95. 207-772-9119
Comfy Pet Friendly Accommodations
Pomegranate Inn, our dog friendly hotel in Portland, ME would love to host you and your bestie! Stay in our dog-friendly Carriage House Room and explore all that Portland and the Southern Maine Coast has to offer. We hope to see you soon!