Amenities & Policies at Our Inn in Portland, ME
Room Amenities at our Inn in Portland, ME
- Private bathrooms with quality products from Lather
- Air conditioning
- Gas fireplaces available in some rooms
- Free wireless internet access
- Iron and ironing board
- Essentials, such as wine glasses, cork screws and more
- Flat-screen televisions
- Complimentary breakfast
- Free wireless internet access
- Curl up with a book in the colorful front lounge
- Chat with us about our spectacular city and ask for insights
- Play a nostalgic game in the third floor parlor
- Nosh on complimentary cookies in the dining lounge
- Stroll the public areas to savor the breadth and variety of art
Check-in / Check-out Times
Check-in is available between 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm. We can arrange for an informal late check-in after 7:00 pm with advanced notice. Checkout time is 11:00 am. Departing guests are welcome to linger in our common rooms and on our grounds.
Notification of cancellation or arrival date or departure date change must be received more than 10 days prior to the confirmed reservation dates. After a deposit has been charged, any cancellations made up to 10 days prior to arrival will be refunded less a $35 processing fee per reserved room. Cancellations must be made by telephone.
Guests canceling reservations within 10 days of arrival or before scheduled departure, forfeit their deposit and will be charged for the full reservation unless we are able to re-book the vacated rooms. Trip cancellation insurance is recommended if you have concerns about your travel plans.
For stays of any length, a deposit of 50% of the total charges is due at the time of booking. Payment can be made via Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, or Discover. We will send confirmation of your reservation upon receipt of your deposit.
We realize that cancellations are often beyond your personal control. For this reason we recommend purchasing travel insurance for peace of mind. Our inn in Portland, ME will be happy to supply your travel insurance company with any needed documentation regarding our policy and your reservation. For insurance information please visit www.insuremytrip.com.
Rates as shown or quoted over the phone are based on per night double occupancy and are subject to the 9% Maine Lodging Tax. Availability and rates for specific dates can be viewed by clicking on the “Reservations” link.
Due to the architecture of our property, we are unable to offer specifically ADA accessible rooms. Please see the accessibility section of our website to learn more, and call the inn directly with any questions regarding access.
All rooms have a queen or king sized bed and are comfortable for up to two persons. A third person may be accommodated in the Milliken Suite. Additional guests are subject to a $50 per person, per night rate increase. None of our rooms can accommodate four or more people. Children and infants do qualify as guests. For assistance with making a reservation for three people, please give us a call at (207) 772-1006 .
Pomegranate Inn is a 100% smoke, vape, and flame-free property. A $250 cleaning surcharge will be imposed on any room where guests have burned candles, smoked (including e-cigarettes), or vaped in their room or anywhere on property.
While accidents do happen, guests will be financially responsible for damage due to gross negligence.
We welcome well-behaved dogs under 40 pounds only in our Carriage House Room. We don’t want our canine guests to be lonely and therefore it is our policy that pets are not to be left alone on the premises. There is a fee of $50 per night and a maximum of two dogs in the room. View all pet policies.
Reservations by telephone are taken between 8:00 am and 10:00 pm Eastern Time, and online anytime by clicking on the Reservations link.
Pomegranate Inn, Portland Maine’s most unique boutique inn warmly welcomes all guests. However, due to the significance of our 1884 historic private home, our 8-room inn may not be accessible to all, or may present challenges in providing easy and independent access. Removal of necessary physical barriers for complete accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the historic significance of the property.
The physical barriers include the following:
- There are 6 cement exterior stairs required to enter the building.
- There is no elevator
- There is a wide staircase with handrails to the 2nd and 3rd floor. There are 19 steps from the 1st to the 2nd floor and 18 steps from the 2nd to the 3rd floor.
- Due to the historic nature of the building, the interior structure includes narrow hallways and doorways that do not accommodate a wheelchair or scooter.
- No guest rooms offer a roll-in shower.
- The Inn offers dedicated parking on a first come first serve basis.
So all guests can enjoy the Pomegranate Inn, significant steps have been taken to remove barriers where possible at our property. We offer the following for guests with limited disabilities:
- Carriage House Room: Located on the first floor of our detached carriage house, which sits directly beside the Inn. This room features sliding doors which lead to a private patio to enjoy in season, king bed, gas fireplace, flat-screen TV, and private bathroom with marble walk-in shower. Of note, there is a narrow brick walkway to the Carriage House Room which is not suitable for a wheelchair or scooter.
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit the Pomegranate Inn can do so, regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA:
- It is our standard operating procedure that individuals with disabilities are able to make reservations for an accommodation that suits their disability during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need an accessible room.
- We have identified and described accessible features as well as physical barriers with enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether a given guest room or cottage meets their accessibility needs.
- It is our standard operating procedure to ensure that our accessible guest room option is held for use by individuals with disabilities. However, we protect our clients’ right to privacy of disclosure.
- We guarantee that an accessible guest room, once reserved, is held for the reserving customer and is removed from all reservation systems. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to ensure that an accessible room is available through at least some of these services and that information concerning the accessibility of the room is included on their reservation platform.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs will be provided access to all areas of the inn where members of the public are allowed to go.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at (207) 772-1006 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We work very hard to provide an easy-to-use online experience for all guests. We believe all of our website visitors should be able to easily navigate pomegranateinn.com regardless of device type and whether an individual requires assistive technology like a screen reader, font magnification, translation or voice recognition software.
To ensure this, Pomegranate Inn is committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology.
Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at email@example.com or call us at (207) 772-1006 with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.